To further waste reduction, reuse, recycling and product stewardship in North America through a network committed to these goals.
To form a group of like minded organizations brought together with a desire to develop and further recycling across the continent. These organizations would work together to develop best practices and other pertinent details regarding the mutual vision and strive to spread these best practices. These practices and ideas would be spread through:
- Training and education
- The development of a council with a representative from each member organization that will meet on a regular basis
- Form coalitions, committees or councils with likeminded organizations on an issue by issue basis to influence policy makers at both the local, national and international level
- Create a system of councils to target specific issues related to waste reduction, reuse, recycling and product stewardship
The organization will strive to assist member organizations to facilitate the sharing of information and resources to:
- Develop the skills and resources of its members by enhancing recycling education
- Facilitate communication and information and resource sharing between recycling professionals both in the private and public sector.
- Strive to develop consistent training and certification.
- Work to coordinate relationships that will help drive local, national and international policy